This position was indeed the ‘pinnacle’ of my professional editing experience. One-year contract, 119 issues, 60+ staff, budgeting and high-level management experience all in one dose. I may not have had the chance to flex my own writing muscles much, but editor’s duties called.
The results were well worth it:
- Edited the largest student newspaper in the state of Oregon.
- Managed the financial and personnel duties and issues of the 60+ staff.
- Published 119 issues on schedule with a production cost increase of only 5% from prior year.
- Won 19 awards at the yearly Oregon Newspaper Publishers Association awards.
- ASPSU Eligibility Issues, 04/08/10
- 30-year tradition continues, 10/21/09
- Food picks for those not in the ‘heart of the city’, 06/05/09
- Senate takes OUS report to task, 01/14/10
- From brick to steel, 01/12/10
- Fun ideas for the college cook, 02/16/10
- Furlough closure, 12/04/09
- Portland State students warned in time, 12/01/09
- PSU to host Portland civic organization, 01/13/10
- Kiwanis Capstone receives award, 10/01/09